Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feeling Relief is Natural, Not a Crime; Therefore, the Verdict is "Not Guilty"

It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I wanted to write about a topic I feel a lot of us can relate to..whether we're spouses, family or friends of a soldier. I wanted people to be able to "click" with what I'm writing (for lack of a better word).

I think the title of this post says it all.

I've talked with several others about the guilt we feel when we find relief in the fact that our men are safe and alive while others weren't so fortunate, and I've found that I am not alone. You aren't either! Sadness is first nature when we hear of someone being injured, or even worse, and a lot of the time it hits home. But IT'S OKAY to feel that sweet relief in the midst of someone else's sorrow.

It is only natural to be happy when someone you love is okay, and it shouldn't make you feel bad to BE happy. Maybe not even necessarily happy, but unburdened. I can't tell you how many times I have prayed to God, crying out, "Lord, please keep Jonathan safe! If someone has to die, TAKE ME!" I think we can all agree that we fear for those overseas, and we would be more than willing to take their place if it meant saving them.

I'm just here to be that voice of reasoning. Guilt is meant for someone who has done something wrong..a guilty conscience as they say. Being happy that someone is alive is NOT wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment