Monday, May 7, 2012

Anger on the Homefront

I know as military wives we are supposed to support our husbands in and through every mission the government has them set out on. I know that it is our duty to be happy at home, to keep the children happy (if applicable), the family whole. I know we have no right to be angry with or at our husbands when they're deployed, but that doesn't stop the anger from brewing.

The anger comes from insecurity, and I'm speaking for myself personally. I found myself angry with my husband a few days ago. I was angry that he hadn't called, or even attempted to make contact with me. I started feeling insignificant, like Jonathan didn't care for me. I started thinking that maybe he just didn't want to talk to me. Then I was really angry when the thought, "I'm his wife, and he should have the respect to call me and keep me informed" flew through my mind. "It isn't fair for me to worry day-in and day-out when he doesn't have the decency to communicate with me." I was angry for a little while, until I resolved to checking Facebook. I got on Jonathan's page (because like any good wife I have his password), and I began checking all his friend's pages to see if they had posted anything. I would've been really upset if I'd found that his friends had been posting, but instead I found relief. No one had posted anything for several days, and their lack of social-networking made me feel great.

I thought about it for a little while, and I finally concluded that I am silly and stupid.

Jonathan loves me, and I should never doubt that fact. He wants to talk to me as badly as I want to hear him talk. The emotions us wives go through are so sporadic and uncontrollable that we are truly blessed our husbands stay with us!

I say all that to say this: don't ever doubt the way your husband feels about you, and if you do doubt, ask him how he feels the next time you speak with him. It never hurts to have some reassurance, and if he isn't afraid to tell you how he feels with a bunch of guys around, that should tell you something in and of itself.

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment